Ballina Fringe Festival: Street Art Project 2020
Call for Submissions
Application deadline: 6pm, Thursday 4th June 2020
Ballina Fringe Festival is currently seeking submissions from artists who wish to be considered for creating a piece of street art for Ballina, in 2020.
The initiative is part of a five-year programme which commenced last year and will comprise five landmark/flagship pieces of street art throughout the town of Ballina, as well as a number of secondary pieces/sites, created in collaboration with local youth groups.
Please note: this collaborative aspect of the project will be significant and substantial and will involve at least six weeks of contact time. This call for artists who wish to apply for Year Two.
The five-year programme will work to a theme – consisting of five individual strands.
The strands are:
- The People (2019)
- The Place (2020)
- The Past
- The Possibilities
- The Problems
The strand theme of the 2020 project will be: ‘The Place’, and will look for the works to be a response to the physical place of Ballina / North Mayo.
Artists should consider the following elements when submitting:
- Durability: The selected artwork will need to last a minimum of one year with no maintenance
- Budget: the available budget will be a maximum of €8,000 (projects whose budget exceeds that figure will not be considered.)
- Concept: A project that will involve others in the creative process, where the artist acts as a facilitator, working with a number of identified community groups from the Ballina area. Timeline: The selected work must be completed no later than 9th October 2020
Submissions should comprise:
- A detailed description of the proposed piece, including a photographic representation or simulation of the place in situ. (Photos of the sites will be available on Ballina Fringe Festival website.)
- A detailed budget breakdown, to include fees, materials and any other costs.
- Up to 5 examples of previous works/projects.
- Detailed and current artists CV, showing evidence of successfully previous similar projects.
- A statement describing the piece, with details of how it fits the theme.
E-mailed application should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org before 6pm on Thursday 4th June
Hard copy applications can be sent to:
Ballina Fringe Festival Street Arts Projects 2020
c/o Ballina Arts Centre, Barrett St, Ballina, Co. Mayo